tftp from home dir running under xinetd

Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda mlortiz at uci.cu
Mon Jul 4 17:44:12 UTC 2011

We need the /varlog/messages or the /var/log/audit/audit.log to see what happens on the system.

CC to selinux list too

Try to do this:
1- setenforce 0 to change to "permissive" mode

2- stop tftpd daemon:
   # service tftpd stop

3- unload any rules that silently deny access
   # semodule -DB

4- check the time:
   # date

5- start the tftpd service:
   # service tftpd start

6- Then, collect all the Access Vector Cache (ACV) denials that occured since you noted the system time. For example

   # ausearch -m avc -ts 15:00

7- Filter the log and try to generate a policy module using audit2allow:
   # grep "tftpd" /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M tftpd

8- Check the tftpd.{te,.fc} files, and if you have enough with it, you can install the policy module:

  # semodule -i tftpd.pp

9- Then, check if the avc denials persists

Regards