Installing F15 without any active network?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 4 20:08:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 20:52 +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > The original request for a network connection should not have to be
> > done. The real problem arises when you are trying to installer the
> > repos. Without a network active you cannot install the repo references.
> > But the rpms on the disk should be installable. Afterwoods you will have
> > installer the repos and do a general yum upddate.
>
> Exactly - so this looks like an installer bug to me!
> --
> mike c

That is not an installer bug. If you have a network connection and have
defined repos the installer updates the rpms during the install process.
So after the install completes your system is completely updated, so
running :yum updates
returns no rpms to update. Without the repos and the network connection
you get only the rpms on the original DVD.

I am not sure what happened in your case but I ignored the early request
for a network connection and the installation continued.

Did you use the: "Install a new system or upgrade an existing system"
option?

It's interesting to think that many quite distinguished people have
bodies similar to yours.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net