Installing F15 without any active network?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 4 21:41:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 21:48 +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Something is really wrong. Using the standard Fedora 15 DVD there is no
> > option "Install new system". Check the Fedora 15 Installation Guide and
> > you will see that this is true. Your DVD is not the standard one so who
> > knows what the installer does.
>
> Errm - if you have a look at the page
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Installation_Guide/sn-boot-menu-x86.html
> You will see that the first item at the top of the screen is the
> option "Install a new system or upgrade an existing system" !
> --
> mike c

So you used the option I asked you about not the option you said you
used ""Install new system".

Anyway I did not configured the network asked for after you set the host
name and my DVD install continued. At this point the system could not
care less what the partitioning of your disk is.

If you would list the installation steps you went through from your
choosing the boot option until failure maybe we could suggest what might
have gone wrong.
This is your fortune.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net