Installing F15 without any active network?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 4 21:46:45 UTC 2011

On 07/04/2011 11:56 PM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> But there's still the issue of Fedora using the preferred UTC time for the
> system clock and Debian-like systems using local. Debian changes the clock on
> you. That is a major peeve of mine. When you reboot Fedora, the clock is now
> local, so Fedora stops booting and tells you your disks were last mounted in
> the future and you have to fix the problem. Sheesh!

What happens for me is....

When I get to the screen where it asks to set the Time Zone.  I select
Taipei, and uncheck the UTC box.  If I "Next" and then "Back" I find
that that Time Zone selection remains at Taipei...but the UTC box is
checked again.  I think that is a bug.

Then, when I get to firstboot and I'm asked about the Time I am
presented with a time that is apparently UTC.  I adjust it.  When I
finally login the time and time zone are both correct.  My disks are
never flagged about being mounted in the future....probably because I'm
ahead of UTC and they would have been mounted 8hrs in the past?

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow