Need Support For Latest Hardware?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue Jul 5 16:29:59 UTC 2011

On 07/05/2011 11:08 AM, Navdeep Singh Sidhu wrote:

  Sounds like you have a sandy bridge computer with nvidia/onboard intel
i915  combo graphics.

  I have a lenovo with that setup - and the lenovo BIOS lets me turn off
the nvidia (high end) graphics - so its certainly doable - some vendors
do not offer that as a BIOS option .. tho I thought Dell was pretty good
about that .. there is at least one Dell linux expert who monitors these
lists and they may have something more to tell you.

  Running this way works fine with F15 (tho you may need newer kernels
as the graphics can be be a bit quirky, esp plymouth when it KMS's) - I
use KDE for many reasons - one being 3D is not required - tho it seems
to work when I turn it on.

  Good luck ...