Name resolution

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 02:55:58 UTC 2011

2011/7/5 夜神 岩男 <supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp>:

>> > No, the purpose of Google Public DNS is to give Google insight into
>> > every network query you make. Your filterbubble is heavily influenced by
>> > your history record in Google's DNS system if you have dodged the other
>> > ways of tracking. This sort of profiling goes further than syndicate
>> > cookies and trackers ever could -- and is a brilliant, if somewhat
>> > seductively evil, idea; so long as it is being used on someone other
>> > than me.
>> >
>> > http://dontbubble.us/
>> >
>> > Avoiding Google entirely has brought a great deal of standardization and
>> > rationality back to my organization -- that we didn't realize was
>> > beginning to get shaky until just recently. Such an insidious thing,
>> > filtered and tracked search.
>>
>> Do you have any proof that Google's using queries to its Public DNS
>> service to profile anyone (in spite of its FAQ clarifying that it
>> isn't)?
>
> Requests for proof on the internet from a person who does not work for
> Google -- an internet argument deconstructionist in his opening play.
> Nice. (Reminds me demands issued in Usenet of the Apollo landings...)

Feel free to qualify my request whichever way you like...

Google's one of the most heavily scrutinized companies in the world.
Should it start to use its DNS service to collect information on its
users, its competitors and regulators will raise the issue very
quickly.

So, until there's an official complaint of some sort in this regard,
you're just spreading FUD - unless you have a relevant URL to a valid
news report.