How to set a default network connection in FC15

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 14:29:38 UTC 2011

Antonio M <antonio.montagnani <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I find strange that if I am connected to wireless network A, after
> suspending the computer and un-suspending it, computer will connect to
> network B....(I have many available wireless networks at same site..)
> Is it a normal behaviour??

Well, follow this and try to figure it out why:
http://www.arachnoid.com/linux/NetworkManager/
"NM chooses a connection according to these general priorities (and assuming the
user's connections are marked "autoconnect"):

1. Highest priority is given to a functioning wired connection.
2. If (1) is not available, then connection is made to a wireless AP that is
   defined or that has been connected to before.
3. If (2) is not available, then connection is made to any available wireless
   AP.
4. This is by no means the whole decision tree, and it will doubtless change
   over time."

JB