F15 Gnome 3 + Nvidia Driver = No Keyboard or Mouse buttons

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 16:05:54 UTC 2011

I'd really like to run Gnome 3 on an older computer (P4) that has nvidia
(7300 GS) graphics.

I installed and tried it using the nouveau driver and found it was
unusable, with terribly slow graphics. So I installed the Nvidia driver,
using akmod-nvidia. Installed OK. But the mouse buttons didn't work,
though the mouse pointer moved OK. The Windows key and alt-f2 didn't
work, but ctrl-alt-bksp worked and killed X.

So I installed KDE and everything works perfectly, with the Nvidia
driver. But I'd rather use Gnome 3.

Anyone have a fix?

Thanks,

John