Text gets chapped off on top.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Jul 6 19:45:29 UTC 2011

On 07/06/2011 12:20 PM, Vinny Onelli wrote:
> Hi,
> Installed f15 gnome, and since then periodically while using a portion
> of text gets chapped off on top. I waited while thanking that it may be
> correct through update, but I ham not sure if this problem is know. I
> found that I need to reboot in order to correct it.
> Any one know how to correct it?.

What graphics card are you using?  If it's either ATI or nVidia are you
using the OSS drivers or the binary blobs from the OEM.  If nVidia, and
you're using the proprietary drivers, did you get them from nVidia or
are you using the kmod/akmod version?  We need more info to help you and
off the top of my head this is what we're most likely to need.