F15 Gnome 3 + Nvidia Driver = No Keyboard or Mouse buttons

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Wed Jul 6 22:04:13 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 09:05:54AM -0700, John Wendel wrote:

> I'd really like to run Gnome 3 on an older computer (P4) that has nvidia
> (7300 GS) graphics.
>
> I installed and tried it using the nouveau driver and found it was
> unusable, with terribly slow graphics. So I installed the Nvidia driver,
> using akmod-nvidia. Installed OK. But the mouse buttons didn't work,
> though the mouse pointer moved OK. The Windows key and alt-f2 didn't
> work, but ctrl-alt-bksp worked and killed X.
>
> So I installed KDE and everything works perfectly, with the Nvidia
> driver. But I'd rather use Gnome 3.
>
> Anyone have a fix?

See the thread:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-June/400091.html
and the earlier thread:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-June/398532.html

The 7300 GS is probably not too different from the 7300 LE.
So I suspect you are out of luck.

It might be wise to send a bug report to Nvidia.

Alexander