time and adhoc issue in fedora 15

sandeep Patel leosandeep08 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 05:27:43 UTC 2011

Hello joe,
              Already at the time of installation, i unchecked the system
clock uses UTC option. I have problem only with fedora 15. Before this
version I did not have a problem. And in google I found this thread related
to my problem
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263678
I tried all these stuff. But It did not work.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 07/06/2011 07:40 AM, sandeep Patel wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >           I have many problem in fedora 15.
> >           1) I have date and time issue in fedora 15. I searched it in
> > google and I found some solutions but they did not work for me. I have
> > installed windows 7 also in my system.
> >               After correcting the time, whenever I reboot the system it
> > shows incorrect time.
> >               Please any one help me to get rid of this problem.
>
> Hello, Patel.  This is a common issue, and I'm surprised that you didn't
> find the answer through Googlemancy.  (Maybe you just picked the wrong
> search criteria; it happens.)
>
> What is going on here is that by default Linux stores the time in UTC
> when it shuts down then corrects for the local time zone when it reads
> it in from the hardware clock at boot.  Windows, however, always assumes
> that the hardware clock is set to *local* time.  To keep both halves of
> a dual-boot system happy, go into your time and date settings in Linux
> and uncheck the box that says that the time is stored in UTC.  Linux
> will then expect the hardware clock to be set to local time just as
> Windows does.
> --

Sandeep Kumar Patel
M.C.A.