Strange Rhythmbox problem

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 7 11:46:04 UTC 2011

I have a audio CD set with 2 CDs. CD 1 has 11 songs and CD 2 has 12.
Using Rhythmbox with CD 1 the 11 songs are played without a problem.
When I try this with CD 2 the following happens. The Playlist shows the
11 songs on CD 1 and they play. The first song on CD 2 appears as the
12th song on the playlist of CD 2. This 12th song can be played but the
rest do not appear and do not get played.

VLC Media Player can play the 12 songs on CD 2 but their names are not
shown on the playlist. The songs on CD 1 do not appear on the playlist
and they don't play.

Obviously there is something screwy with the CDs but there is also
something screwy about Rhythmbox.

Anyone have an explanation of all this,
"I'm in Pittsburgh. Why am I here?" -- Harold Urey, Nobel Laureate
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net