How to enable CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE

Daniele Guerrieri d.guerrieri at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:57:40 UTC 2011

> ok :-)
>
>> From wikipedia (probably also in kernel/Documentation but now i'm on
>> a win machine) i've read:
>
> have you a link?
> i do not find this on wikipedia
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sysrq

here the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key :)

this value is a "bitmask":

> i think this is not enough for "ALT+PRINT+K" because sync
> is only for flushing disk-buffers, maybe i play around a
hm, you're right, i think that, since it's a bitmask we need to sum
the values we want: e.g. if we want
sync (16),debugging(8), signalling(64), we have to sum
-# value=8+16+64=88, which binary is: 01 01 10 00
---example:---------
______________
01: 00 00 00 01  |
02: 00 00 00 10  |
04: 00 00 01 00  |
08: 00 00 10 00  |
16: 00 01 00 00  |
32: 00 10 00 00  |
64: 01 00 00 00  |
     01 01 10 00
So the magic number would be 88 :) this night i'll try it.