Customized ibus/anthy shortcuts no longer work

Stuart McGraw smcg4191 at frii.com
Fri Jul 8 04:50:12 UTC 2011

My Ibus/Anthy IME (on Fedora 15) no longer honors the
keyboard shortcut changes I made.

A couple weeks ago I installed F15 and Ibus/Anthy and
changed the keyboard shortcut to enable/disable the
IME from Ctrl-Space to Alt-Space.  It worked fine
until a few days ago when I noticed it's reverted
to Ctrl-Space.  However Ibus Preferences still shows
Alt-Space.  Resetting the shortcut has no effect.

I disabled Ibus with the Gnome IME applet, deleted
.cache/ibus, .config/ibus, .gconf/desktop/ibus, .anthy
and then (after logging in again) re-added ibus.
(Curiously, the enable/disable shortcuts are empty,
not reset to the defaults, so I think I missed deleting
some config file somewhere)

There were some updates to ibus possibly around the
time my customized keyboard shortcuts stopped working.
(Packages on my system are up-to-date except for
'kernel*')

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this and get my
preferred shortcuts to work again??  It is a fairly
major problem for me right now.