Question about SMART

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:50:54 UTC 2011

Running smartctl produces:

smartctl --all -d scsi /dev/sde
smartctl 5.40 2010-10-16 r3189 [x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

Device: Seagate  FreeAgent Go     Version: 0142
Serial number:             2GE45ABA
Device type: disk
Local Time is: Sat Jul  9 10:45:54 2011 MST
Device does not support SMART

Error Counter logging not supported
Device does not support Self Test logging

Not much help.

A summary of the SMART data:

ID = 5
Reallocated Sector Count
Count of remapped sectors

Normalized 98
Worst 98
Threshold 36
Value 336 sectors

This is the data for the drive I reformatted.

Paolo