Garbled display and touchpad configuration

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jul 10 17:22:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:23:21 -0400,
  ceco <cfunder108 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok folks I know everyone is busy but it's time to actually sit down and write a driver for the ATI Radeon card used in a lot of laptops. This has been a topic/bug in the forums since 2008 without being resolved and the work-arounds aren't working. The garbled display is really getting to be overwhelming and the symantic touchpad is not functional and this is been going on since Fedore 13 and Ubuntu 10. It seem Linux is turning into an Intel/Dell shop. I'm running on a Gateway netbook LT3101u CPU - AMD ATHLON 64 ATI Radeon graphic card.
> +++ I am a simple user -- I'm not a developer or programmer by any means or form. So please Help us out.++++

Have you filled out a bug report for your issue? (Note that if you do, you
need to include details about which card you actually have, as what you
included doesn't provide that information. /var/log/Xorg.0.log will usually
have the required information as well as lspci -vvv .)

3D support is still spotty in Fedora, but it is mostly getting better. In the
meantime you could also look at using a proprietary driver from rpmfusion
and see if that works better for you.