New Fedora DVD 64 Install replaced my previous GRUB2 info! (Dual Boot)

fedora fedora at ayni.com
Tue Jul 12 08:24:04 UTC 2011

Hi
to be a bit more specific about chainloading:

This is my /boot/grub/menu.lst:

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/sda2
#          initrd /initrd-[generic-]version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=11
#splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
#hiddenmenu
title Fedora (2.6.34.9-69.fc13.x86_64)
         root (hd0,0)
         kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.34.9-69.fc13.x86_64 ro
root=UUID=f5ec98fc-01eb-4f37-b932-72d0d07cf25b rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_LVM
rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYTABLE=sg
nomodeset
         initrd /initramfs-2.6.34.9-69.fc13.x86_64.img
title chain to second disk
         rootnoverify (hd1,4)
         chainloader +1

The first "title" boots from the first partition of the first Disk (root
(hd0,0))
the second shows the menu (chainloads) from the fifth partition of the
second Disk (rootnoverify (hd1, 4))
Check to see on your system, where the approp partitions with the
systems are and set up the grub menus in these partitions. Then install
grub in the MBR with a /boot/grub/menu.lst like the above.

suomi