New Fedora DVD 64 Install replaced my previous GRUB2 info! (Dual Boot)

Mike Chambers mike at
Tue Jul 12 16:24:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 11:09 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
> I have since re-installed Fedora 15, this time telling it to erase all
> other LINUX partitions, but it still boots directly into F15.
> I told it to install Grub on the mbr.

When you installed and got to the grub section, did you pay attention to
what the screen was showing you and telling you what the drives were
assigned to and which it considered to be 1st and 2nd?  It may have
listed the F15 drive first instead of 2nd or 3rd or whatever.

Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"