No sound after update today -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jul 13 14:03:27 UTC 2011

        I ran yum update earlier and now I have no sound. I haven't
        found anything that restores it in alsamixer or p/a vol.
        control. Alsamixer [F5 for All] only displays two controls,
        normally there are others that require unmuting?

        I have Thunderbird mail set up for voice announcements for
        various e-mail sources and have come to rely on sound for that
        so it's a bit of a panic.

        This is: Linux box6 2.6.38.8-35.fc15.i686 #1 SMP Wed Jul 6
        14:46:26 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

        Any suggestions?

        Bob