XDMCP Remote login

Doug Kuvaas doug.kuvaas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 18:43:18 UTC 2011

All right, my woes for this beast are down to one.  For some reason, if I
try to run X directly in 8 bit color mode, I get only greyscale output.
 Because the legacy application I am running doesn't work properly with
higher color depths (printing of displays doesn't work), I cannot run at a
higher color depth easily without re-writing the application I am running.

Command is Xorg :0 -terminate -br +bs -depth 8

The display driver is intel I830

Anyone have any ideas?