Can't send email

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:49:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 16:35 -0700, Vincent Onelli wrote:
> Hello,
> I am having problem sending email, receiving is OK but sending keeping at asking
> for password because can't authenticate.
> The set up is identical to my laptop which work OK, I rechecked several times, I
> also redone the set up few times. The OS is F15
> any of you good people have some suggestion? Vinny.

You need to give at least *some* information about your setup if you
want a useful answer. At a bare minimum: are you seeing the problem with
sendmail or with some mail client, and if so which one? Also, what
authentication methods does the SMTP server support? Note that sending
and receiving mail are two different things, and the fact that one works
doesn't necessarily mean anything to the other.

poc