FC14, sleeping forever

Tod Thomas fr33zone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:07:58 UTC 2011

I've got a virtual FC14 image running under virtual box on a win7 laptop.
Something hung it up yesterday and I had to hard boot  the image.  Now when
I try and restart it progresses to a point of almost completing and stops
with the message "No root device found.  Boot has failed, sleeping forever.

I have a feeling I've hosed my boot partition or I've somehow confused
grub.  Has anybody run into this that might have a quick solution?  I've
only got the virtualbox image to work with, no snapshots or backups :(

Thanks - Tod