No sound after update today -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 14 18:14:54 UTC 2011

On 14/07/11 08:24, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 04:05 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> The only other thing I found necessary was to "fix" LibreOffice
>>          Calc configuration in order to get it to run.
> Could you be more explicit? That sounds like either a bug or a
> configuration error. I know I've never seen it.
>
> poc

        Yes, Ed Greshko provided the answer a couple of weeks ago.

        I have a spread sheet to track my ISP usage and although Calc
        comes up normally when I open a file the display would freeze
        and I could do nothing. I would try to close but again nothing
        until an error message comes up telling me the application is
        not responding and offers to kill it.

        The solution is to comment out the line
        SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1 in
        /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice
        as below:

        #***********************************************

            #
            # STAR_PROFILE_LOCKING_DISABLED=1
            # export STAR_PROFILE_LOCKING_DISABLED
            #

            # file locking now enabled by default
            # SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
            export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING

        That's all I know, it fixes the problem and I have had to do it
        several times now after F-15 updates.

        Bob
        .