Gnome 3 ~ Windows 8? => choosing the fedora desktop

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Fri Jul 15 15:02:55 UTC 2011

Genes MailLists wrote:
>  So - lets choose the default desktop manager for fedora from among:
>
>    Gnome 3
>    KDE
>    XFCE
>    LXDE
>    ? Other?

...so, if we actually get a vote that counts, I'd say XFCE.

Of course, this is *my* personal opinion.  There were technical choices
the Gnome team made that I have never been happy with, but until v3 the
interface worked the way I wanted so I used it and now it doesn't so I
don't.  I am  now looking at the other desktops and so far XFCE come
closest *my* preferences.  Pick what you like, vote with your keyboard.

...new is not always better
...except when it is  8^/
...this time it wasn't  8^(
--