Don't go wireless when wired is available...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 17:36:00 UTC 2011

For some reason over the past week my F15 laptop has started pestering
me for the WPA2 key at work when I'm using my laptop.

The problem is that 1) it does it when I'm in the docking station and on
a wired connection and 2) I already have a WPA2 key setup for a
different wireless network at work that's present at the same time, but
to which the laptop's not trying to connect.

How do I, short of turning off wireless when I login while docked, tell
F15/Gnome3 to stop trying to connect to a wireless network? I want it to
give the wired connection preference and not try to go wireless as well.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/