NM_CONTROLLED=no not working

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 19:48:53 UTC 2011

I feel like I'm losing my mind.  Can someone confirm that this is
supposed to work before I bugzilla this?

I am trying to get NetworkManager to ignore my wireless adapter (while
still managing my Ethernet adapter and VPN connections).  I have created
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0:

   DEVICE=wlan0
   TYPE=Wireless
   HWADDR=00:23:14:12:C1:38
   NM_CONTROLLED=no

Even after rebooting, however, NetworkManager is still taking control of
wlan0.

So who is crazy, me or the computer?  :-|

Thanks!

(This Fedora 15 with NetworkManager-0.8.9997-5.git20110702.fc15.x86_64,
BTW.)