Can't send email

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Jul 15 23:54:59 UTC 2011

On 07/15/2011 12:18 PM, james tate wrote:
> On 07/15/2011 03:14 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 07/13/2011 04:41 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> sure that you are using the same MUA and same authentication methods?
>>> ssl settings (STARTTLS or SSL on Port 465) are the same?
>> You might (as I do) have to use SMTPAUTH on Port 587.
> Joe, what is the exact command I would have to use ?

First, you check with your email provider to find out if the password is
sent insecurely or encrypted and make sure what port it's using.  Then,
you go through Edit->Account Settings->Outgoing Server (SMTP) then
select your server and Edit.  Change the Port Number to the one you were
told and set the various settings below it to match what you were told
then click OK.  The first time you try to send, you'll get a pop-up box
to put in your password, and there should be a checkbox to Save it.