Gnome 3 ~ Windows 8?

Roelof 'Ben' Kusters web at bentrein.com
Sat Jul 16 12:34:47 UTC 2011

While agreeing with your rant in many ways, I would like to strike a
slightly different note; it is the destruction of the status quo of
western society. Absolutely. But that is nothing but change. Change always
hurts - sometimes many, sometimes a few. But change is also always
necessary; without it there's no possibility for survival. And you can
rant at it, and yell and scream how bad it is, or try to steer it, and
come up with ways of change that would - on your humble opinion - be
beneficial. Change is gonna happen. And it's gonna destroy the status quo.
If you ask me, it's very urgent that that happens, because - next to a
whole new - perhaps Matrix like - approach to social interaction, it will
make room for other technologies too.

Just one question I want to really comment on:

> What about the privacy of those "clouds" ?
Privacy has been dead since the (in)famous 9/11. Anyone with any influence
anywhere in the world can know just about anything about you at the
moment. Particularly if you happen to have either a facebook-related or
Google-related account. And I know very few people who have neither.

--
Greetz,

Roelof Kusters
aka Ben

The internet isn't a highway, it's a swamp: the more you surf, the more it
draws you in.

Make 1000 euros in minutes! Sell my house: http://www.bentrein.com/house