Can't send email

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:42:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-16 at 16:32 +0200, suvayu ali wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 4:11 PM, james tate <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:
> > one of two things, your password is not correct or your account settings
> > is off. If you know your account settings compare with what you have in
> > kmail.
>
> The OP didn't specify whether he was using Gnome or KDE. KMail uses
> Kwallet I think, where as Evolution uses gnome-keyring. I would guess
> the OP is using evolution in KDE and it fails to access gnome-keyring.

I only ever use Evolution under KDE. It uses gnome-keyring just as it
does under Gnome. The only difference is that Evo prompts you for the
keyring password on starting up under a new session (just the first
time) as it doesn't get this info automatically from the login widget as
it does under Gnome.

poc