Gnome 3 ~ Windows 8?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 00:58:25 UTC 2011

On 7/15/11 4:55 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> I for myself have been a big Gnome fan over a lot of years, and have
> been using it both at home and at work. I also have been a big LXDE
> and xmonad fan, which runs on all of my laptops. Not a big thing for
> me, I'll drop F15, and when F16 comes out, I'll stick with LXDE. It
> simply works and does not want to convince some Wind*ws users that
> Linux is the better choice...
Heinz:

I agree with this.  This is why I keep on harping on Windows.  It has
NOT worked properly since the 2.x days (and YES I do go back that far)
and each version introduces more and more 'back flips' of things you
have to do to get the job done.  I love the fact that the system has to
be locked down so tight it squeaks to keep the 'bad guys' out.  Most of
the systems I work with have not just one but TWO anti-virus systems.
Every mail system in the world that touches a Windows system has to have
anti-virus installed in case the system is infected, and so on.  The
other thing that I love about Linux is that there is usually more than
one way to get the job done.  Just is that the kernel developers have
been infected with this 'got to include the kitchen sink' thinking as
well.  Makes it hell when you have to build a custom kernel to get it be
within the reference monitor version of things.

Anyway, let's see who sues who first....Should be interesting to see the
hordes of lawyers going at each other.

James