Gnome 3 ~ Windows 8?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 01:13:21 UTC 2011

On 7/16/11 1:25 PM, JB wrote:
> Roelof 'Ben' Kusters<web<at>  bentrein.com>  writes:
>
>> Change is gonna happen. And it's gonna destroy the status quo.
>> If you ask me, it's very urgent that that happens, because - next to a
>> whole new - perhaps Matrix like - approach to social interaction, it will
>> make room for other technologies too.
> Regarding the social interaction that the "change" will bless us with ...
>
> Fedora users after SELinux, GNOME 3, and systemd treatment.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2015034/Owling-new-planking-New-crouching-craze-springs-internet.html
They don't like it.  That is, again, their problem.  The days when Linux
was inherently secure by obsurity are coming to an end.  What do you
want do when that happens?  I, for one, want things to remain secure.
SELinux is the ONLY approved method that I know of that can make an
entire system secure as possible.

>>> What about the privacy of those "clouds" ?
> R. Stallman, "clouds", security, privacy, law.
>
> http://www.searchenginejournal.com/stallmans-cloud-concerns-fight-for-laws-
> or-against-technology/26503/
Until the United States Congress revokes the U.S.A. P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act
your information that leaves your computer is just about public
knowledge to the U.S. Justice Department.  They have a 'secret' court
system and can ask for a warrant for just about any reason at any time.
Interesting how Constitutional lawyers have not brought challenges of
all types against this overarching and power grabbing law.  In any case,
we are the ones that have to remember what we say on the Internet is now
a matter of public record and can be used against us by those who should
be there to protect us.

James