yum Repo List Shows Old Release Version

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 16:20:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:10:12 -0400, ML (Mark) wrote:

> I spent some time in Google looking for instructions on how to 'verify
> the version of your "fedora-release" package' but came up empty.  Could
> you elucidate this point more thoroughly.

You would learn about RPM and basic queries as covered by the "man rpm"
manual. For example, run

  rpm -v fedora-release

in your favourite terminal. It should print the Name, Version, Release
and Arch of the fedora-release package. Version should be 14 for Fedora 14.

This would be just a first step at analyzing your package list. The
next step (once your repo config targets F-14) would be to check for
duplicates and orphans with the help of the package-cleanup command from
the yum-utils package.

> As you suggested I checked /etc/yum.repos.d/ for a hard coded reference
> to F13.  The only hard coded reference to F13 was a line in
> packagekit-media.repo.  I changed the line in packagekit-media.repo
> from name=Fedora 13
> to name=Fedora 14

Unimportant. Those name= fields are descriptive strings only.