Accessing MS Exchange 5.5 mailbox from Fedora 15

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Jul 17 23:05:34 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 07:48 +0300, Kevin Wilson wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks, can you/someone elaborate a bit ? what should I do to get mail
> with IMAP?

Your sysadmin needs to be willing to run the Exchange IMAP server and an
SMTP server for outgoing mail.  S/he can give you the server name.  (It
would probably be the same server as Exchange, but might not be.)  Then
just create an IMAP account in whatever mail client you prefer, using
those as the servers.  Mail clients usually have account creation
wizards that lead you through the configuration.

> rgs,
> kevin
>
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Steven Stern
> <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:
> > On 07/16/2011 05:56 AM, Kevin Wilson wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> Is there a way to access MS Exchange 5.5 mail server from Fedora 15?
> >>
> >> I saw that for previous versions of Evolution there was a plugin called
> >> evolution-brutus plugin - for exchange 5.5 server
> >> but from what I found, this plugin is not available for fedora 15.
> >>
> >> I also tried with thunderbird, but I did not find out how.
> >>
> >> I want to add that I don't need to sync a calander, only to read mail.
> >> another thing is, a solution which will enable me to only read mail
> >> (and not send) is also
> >> good for me.
> >>

> >> Rgs,
> >> Kevin
> >

> > IMAP
> >
> > --
> > -- Steve
> > --

Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Mathematical Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu