USB to Parallel Cable

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at
Mon Jul 18 06:41:11 UTC 2011

2011/7/17 Geoffrey Leach <geoff at>

> On 07/17/2011 03:23:16 PM, Tod Thomas wrote:
> > Does anyone have any experience with this type of cable under linux
> > that
> > could share some suggestions?  I have a USB only PC and an old
> > parallel
> > printer that I am near and dear to that I would like to continue
> > using.
> I have the same situation, and a Belkin cable that works well. Early
> kernel versions delivered with Fedora 14 did not always recognize the
> printer after the laptop returned from hibernation, so I needed to do
> the unplug-plugin thing. Works fine now.
> --
> Guidelines:

In my case, I have one cable, don't remember the brand but the printer
did never work via USB in F14, The system recognized it but as
and it never printed. Using a PARALLELL TO PARALLELL cable worked fine in
linux distros tough, even F14.

Manuel Escudero
Linux User #509052
Twitter: @Jmlevick <>
Blogger: Blog Xenode <>
PGP/GnuPG: E2F5 12FA E1C3 FA58 CF15  8481 B77B 00CA C1E1 0FA7
Xenode Systems - <> - "Conéctate
a Tu Mundo"