jack audio kit

Zoran Spasojevic mr.macos at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 23:45:24 UTC 2011

Brendan, thanks for your suggestions.
Unfortunately, none worked.
But I made some progress today.
I reinstalled pulseaudio and alsa-pulse-plugin, uncommented
the line
//#load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0//
in//  /etc/pulse/default.pa//
and I got sound on firefox/flash.
The trouble began when I tried to play video with one of the video players.
Xine crashed on start. Vlc played video but I got no sound.
I think pulseaudio got killed and I can not restart it any more.
When I try to restart pulseaudio this is what I get:
$ pulseaudio --start
E: main.c: Daemon startup failed.

Even when the sounfd in firefox worked I still got
the warning message below on boot.
Any further suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

On 19/07/11 14:33, Zoran Spasojevic wrote:
>/  Actually on boot I get the following message before I start any
/>/  applications:
/>/
/>/  KDE detected that one or more internal sound devices were removed.
/>/
/>/  *Do you want KDE to permanently forget about these devices?*
/>/
/>/  This is the list of devices KDE thinks can be removed:
/>/
/>/       *
/>/
/>/         Capture: Default
/>/
/>/       *
/>/
/>/         Output: Default
/>/
/>/       *
/>/
/>/         Output: M Audio Audiophile 24/96, ICE1712 multi (IEC958 (S/PDIF)
/>/         Digital Audio Output
/>/
/>/
/>/
/>/  Only once I was able to get any sound from any audio/video applications
/>/  when I uncommented the line in /etc/pulse/default.pa
/>/
/>/  #load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
/>/
/>/  This was when pulseaudio was installed.
/>/  Then the sound went away and I have not been able to recover it.
/>/
/>/  Thanks,
/>/  Zoran
/>/
/>/
/>/
/You can try the steps below. Also try look here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_sound_problems  and
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SoundTroubleshooting

Determine your sound card:

~ $cat /proc/asound/cards
   0 [UA25EX         ]: USB-Audio - UA-25EX
                        EDIROL UA-25EX at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2, full speed
   1 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                        HDA Intel PCH at 0xdf600000 irq 22
   2 [mini           ]: USB-Audio - MPK mini
                        AKAI PROFESSIONAL,LP MPK mini at
usb-0000:03:00.0-1, full speed

In the setup of qjackctl in interface instead of hw:0 hw:1 etc use the
value in brackets above. In my case hw:UA25EX

yum install alsa-plugins-jack and create the following file ~/.asoundrc.
Set card 0 to whatever number your card has been given above.

~ $cat .asoundrc
ctl.!default {
          type hw
          card 0