adding users with different home directory ( /1home instead of /home)

Jatin K ssh.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:57:44 UTC 2011

Dear all

I'm RHEL 6 , trying to add a user with following command

useradd -d /1home user1
passwd user1

if I try ssh user1 at localhost , following error displayed on the screen

Could not chdir to home directory /1home/user1: Permission denied , but
user still able to login   and prompts displayed [user1 at testsrv /]$
instead of [user1 at testsrv ~]$  ( user not getting its home directory.)
-------------following is the reference related to home directory
permission and security---------------
directory permission

ls -ld /1home

drwxr-xr-x. 4 root root 4096 Jul 19 10:43 /1home

SELinux Context

ls -ldZ /1home

drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:home_root_t:s0 /1home/

what could be the problem ???

--
   °v°
  /(_)\