How setup fonts and themes for gnome applications on kde under Fedora 15

Veeti Paananen veeti.paananen at rojekti.fi
Tue Jul 19 23:06:03 UTC 2011

On 07/19/2011 11:07 PM, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> How can the font size of gnome applications (in particular evolution) be
> controlled when they are being run under KDE?  A method for carrying
> over the font (and theme) setup from KDE to gnome would be best, but an
> independent parallel method for font control of gnome applications would
> also be OK.  The versions of KDE and gnome are: KDE-4.6.4, gnome-3.0.1 .
>
> Thanks - jon

KDE has a configuration section for GTK+ widget styles & fonts in System
Settings -> Application Appearance, but it seems that Evolution isn't
affected by those settings. Maybe this is some GTK/GNOME 3 incompatibility?

Thunderbird, on the other hand, does respect my settings. (That
obviously doesn't fix all the GNOME dialogs and other non-nativities,
though...)

--
Veeti Paananen - KDE Thunderbird user who probably should try out KMail
sometime