XDMCP Remote login

Doug Kuvaas doug.kuvaas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:38:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
<mellertson at gmail.com>wrote:

> --

That has been the problem I've been running into with newer versions of
Fedora.  Xorg and company have been moving towards a "work out of the box"
philosophy and have done away with a lot of the config files in favor of
dynamically generating these so things just work, and a simple hardware
change does not break the OS as often.  I've been trying to find where Xorg
is actually run, so I can get it to run the way I want.

Now that I have played with Xephyr a little bit, I have found that I
actually prefer this configuration for the way we are using these computers,
as opposed to just starting X with no window manager or just querying a
remote host.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Doug