evolution problem :messages that can't be expunged in F14

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:17:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 09:36 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 07/20/2011 08:59 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>

> >> What can I do to fix the problem?
> >
> > Try scrubbing the database:
> >

>   I rcall similar problem more than 7 years ago and am a bit surprised
> its still there (tho not completely as evo dev was (imo) always pretty
> sluggish)  ...
>
>   have you considered an alternate mail client?

Not sure if this is intended for me or for the OP, but anyway: I have
tried multiple MUAs over the years, including Kmail, Claws, Thunderbird,
Elm, EXMH, etc. They all suck for one reason or another (no religious
wars please). About 10 years ago I started using Evolution. It also
sucks in its way but less than most in my usage scenario, and I try to
make it better by participating on the Evo list. None of the others are
worth the agony of switching. No doubt fans of the other MUAs feel much
the same towards Evo.

My alternate mail client is called Gmail. I find myself using it more
and more, partly because it keeps getting better without any effort on
my part and I can always find all my mail as long as I have a net
connection, including on my phone.

Snide comments about Google taking over the world, sucking up all my
personal info, being in league with the devil etc., will be cordially
ignored. I know what I'm doing and it's my choice.

poc