dovecot-lda as local mailer and access to manage sive

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jul 21 01:39:18 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Chris Kottaridis <chriskot at quietwind.net> said:
> While I was able to add a dovecot mailer to the sendmail.cf file I was
> never able to make it the local mailer.

Dovecot's deliver acts similar to procmail, so I use it with the
following in my .mc:

FEATURE(`local_procmail',`/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver',`deliver -e -d $u -a $u+$h@$j')
define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS',LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS`Ep')
MAILER(local)

Although I have sieve and managesieve enabled, I haven't actually done
anything with it.  If you install Horde+IMP+Ingo, you can configure Ingo
to use sieve (again, I haven't tried it myself).  I think there's also a
Thunderbird add-on for managesieve.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>