F15: encrypted USB stick has wrong mount permissions

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 22 18:19:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've created an encrypted USB stick as follows:

# dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdb1
# cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sdb1
# cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb1 luks-usb
# mkfs -t ext4 -L Kingston8GB /dev/mapper/luks-usb
# cryptsetup luksClose /dev/mapper/luks-usb

Now I remove the USB stick, wait a bit and put it back into my laptop
with F15. I am asked for the passphrase and the USB stick opens in
Nautilus. The only problem is that the owner of /media/Kingston8GB is
root.root and the permissions on the mounted USB stick are 755 (or
drwxr-xr-x.)

I don't see this problem when using a regular unencrypted USB stick.

Anyone know how I can solve the permission problem?

Thanks!

Regards,
Patrick