Fedora 15 won't do automatic updates

James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 23:06:20 UTC 2011

OK, I now understand what is going on. Software updates are divided into
two groups, security updates and others. Security updates are
implemented as they arise, taking account of your preferences in
"Software Updates". The others are queued up and executed once a week,
regardless of your settings. If you opt for "automatically install", you
get no indication that the update is under way, security or not.

Thank you, Michael, for pointing to that thread:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-May/100453.html
I agree that the Software Updates GUI is unsatisfactory; it isn't clear
what effect the settings have.
--
James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk>