Flash Video clips -

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jul 22 12:39:26 UTC 2011

Am 22.07.2011 14:34, schrieb Bob Goodwin:

>             I tried sending a saved YouTube video clip as an e-mail
>             attachment this morning. So far two Windows users were
>             unable to run an ".flv" file. I figured most people would be
>             able to deal with that except Apple Mac perhaps.
>
>             What format do most require, Youtube offers several, or at
>             least the Firefox add-on does? I didn't see a ".wmv" listed.

no way to use any format all machines can play
linux with nonfree-repos (VLC, ffmpeg) seems to be the only
system which can play nearly all video-formats

H264/MP4 should be a godd choice in 2011, but WinXP is too
dumb to play it out of theb ox without quicktime installed

apple perfers H264 but FLV only with VLC