Where's the Junk

Chris Kottaridis chriskot at quietwind.net
Mon Jul 25 22:27:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 17:00 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> There is no Junk mailbox. Junk is a virtual folder (similar to Trash
> but
> not identical). Junk mail is labelled as such on the IMAP server.
> Email
> clients that don't handle IMAP labels correctly will just see it as
> normal mail, since it's still in the Inbox.

OK, I figured it was something like that, a stupid cell phone client.

Still be interested in knowing where the INBOX is in a Maildir
environment. In dovecot.conf I have:

[Maildir]# ls
AA-inbox       dovecot.index.cache  dovecot-uidvalidity.4d1ac993  Sent
Accounts       dovecot.index.log    Fitness
subscriptions
Boating        dovecot.index.log.2  Group Admin
Sysadmin
Computing      dovecot-keywords     Investing                     tmp
Contacts       dovecot.mailbox.log  Linux                         Trash
cur            dovecot-uidlist      Misc                          Trucks
dovecot.index  dovecot-uidvalidity  new                           XSpam

The AA-inbox is not it, that's a folder I created. So, it's not really
obvious out of this where the INBOX is.

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis