Automounting/unavailability of devices...

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 00:12:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 01:28:47 -0400
William W. Austin wrote:

> Any info on how to turn off this "automount" feature would be greatly
> appreciated.

"udisks" is a magic word to google.

I have /etc/udev/rules.d/99-zzz-local.rules with stuff like this
in it:

ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="BACKUP", ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"

That teaches it not to automount my usb drive with the partition
labeled BACKUP. I suspect there are other things besides
ID_FS_LABEL that you can look for, but that works well for
me for my backup drive (which is the last thing I want
automounted in every login session :-).