Unable to create a liveUSB from Fedora-15-i386-DVD.iso

yudi v yudi.tux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 04:30:20 UTC 2011

>  > As I do not have access to a Fedora system, what other method can I
> > use to create a liveUSB?
> >
> https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/
>
> yum install liveusb-creator
>
> Ed, I already mentioned that  I do not have access to a Fedora system.
> Secondly,

 Preparing the USB stick

The easiest setup method is to install Fedora's own
*livecd-iso-to-disk<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Livecd-iso-to-disk>
* script from livecd-tools. Note that the liveusb-creator GUI, however, does
not support putting the DVD installer on USB. (Unetbootin has worked in the
past as well, but does not currently work for Fedora 14 and 15.)

taken from https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB

I am curious why the DD command fails?

any guesses.