SOLVED Re: how do I test laptop internal hard drive from Knoppix DVD?

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Thu Jul 28 15:40:30 UTC 2011

Alan, Michael,

Thank you very much for responding! I am saving your feedback in my notes.

I used the graphical access on the Knoppix 6.5 DVD and finally saw the
internal hard drive then used a terminal window to use "ls" so I could
see that the hard drive appeared to be okay. I shutdown last night.

This morning when I booted it booted to where I had expected it would
have booted before - saying there was a problem and I then ran fsck -
then it successfully booted.

And I see from your response, that I should have done that when I
edited the boot prompt in the first place.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond!

It is nice to have my laptop working again.

Darlene Wallach

--
equal justice under law