F15: firefox reload button - grey or green?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 21:39:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 21:20 +0100, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 11:10am on Thursday, July 28, 2011 (UK time), John Horne scrawled:
>
> > In firefox the reload button is a green colour at work, but grey at
> > home. Not 'greyed-out' as the 'stop' button is, but just a grey in
> > colour. I assumed this was just some sort of theme difference, but
> > looking through a sorted list of the installed rpms from the work and
> > home PCs I really cannot see what might be causing this. Customizing the
> > firefox toolbar makes no difference (I can add/remove things but not
> > change their colour). If I click on the button the current web page
> > reloads, but the button itself does not change at all on either PC.
> > (Unlike the 'stop' button which turns red whilst the page reloads, and
> > then becomes greyed-out when it has finished.)
>
> Mine is grey also, although when I click on it it changes (briefly) into
> a red cross while the page is refreshed.

Yes with the default toolbar, if I remember correctly, the reload button
turns into a 'stop' button temporarily while the page is reloading. In
my case I have customised the toolbar simply to separate the buttons out
a bit. I also use 'icons and text'. However I did this with both PCs,
so, again, the reload button should be the same for both.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001