Progress?

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.us
Sun Jul 31 22:59:29 UTC 2011

With the advent of Fedora 15 we have lost features that have been the
bedrock of a reliable system - all the name of "progress".
Here are my pleas to the Fedora development team:

Give us back a single entry of LUKS passphrase for all filesystems.

Give us back an intelligible display of boot progress.

Give us back the fsck progress crawl so we know boot isn't hung.

Give us back a simple way to see what services are running, started,
and failed in a concise format.

Give us back system configuration tools that work in a root window.

Give us back the mount command - that shows only the actual physical
filesystems that are mounted - in a readable format.

Give us back a humanly comprehensible device naming system.

Give us back the reboot command that doesn't hang the system, along with
informative progress status reports.

Give us back nfs and autofs that work, and which can shutdown if network
connectivity has failed.

Give us back USB wireless interfaces that work reliably.

Give us back a filesystem that obeys the access rules for root so that
~/.gvfs is readable/searchable for backups.

Give us back kernels that don't abort instead of an abrt reporting
system.

Give us back the assurance of never having to reboot.

Give us back the legendary reliability that was the hallmark of
Linux and Fedora.

--
        David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
        dad at datix.us         www.datix.us

If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
	-- Abraham Lincoln