Not enough info, so no point

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 1 01:56:39 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 02:21 AM, Peter Larsen wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 18:24 +0100, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>> For my PC
>>
>> Fedora 15 update fails
>>
>> Fedora 15 install CD fails to boot
>>
>> Fedora 15 Live KDE fails to boot
>
> Sounds like hardware/bios to me? Maybe you didn't hit the ON button?
> (exaggeration made on purpose here).
>
> Define "boot" better. Describe the failure with dumps and you'll be able
> to have a conversation in here. "Cannot boot" is not a
> descriptive/objective error message. Nobody can help you given that
> little information. The boot process is complex and has many many
> stages. Be specific or you get the responses you've been given here.

Sorry to disappoint you, but words are easy, rooting out the details are
not. See my other posts, and with all due respect the scatter gun
approach to support, (lots of people getting frustrated, while trying to
help), is leaving a bitter taste. Hence, as and when I find reliable,
repeatable failure feedback, I will try and report it. But any accurate
detailed suggestions as to how I might actually do that seem to be few
and far between, although they are welcome.

Let me say, it's my problem, and I've taken ownership of it. That means
I'm not likely to reply, immediately, directly, or at all to the scatter
gun suggestions I receive from this community. This is not out of
disrespect to anyone, but I'm perfectly capable of confusing myself when
deciding what to do. If this approach doesn't suit people, then they
don't need to get involved.

After ~3 days of trying I am not expecting a fix for Fedora 15, and
await Fedora 16.

No offence intended, and your effort to help is appreciated.